Saturday, May 30, 2009

Custom Wheel Fitments

There is a really good article in the latest Tire Review magazine about custom wheel fitments. Its written by performance editor Scott Blair. What I like about it is the questioning he goes through to learn about what the customer wants before he even thinks about making a recommendation.

So much different then the typical wheel sale where the sale person (order taker) just hands the customer a wheel catalog to look through. Don't get me wrong--that was my sales technique at one time too! I had to learn how to actually be a salesman.

Take a few minutes to learn where the customer is coming from to help them make a good choice!

2 comments:

  1. When looking through a tire and wheel catalog, how does one determine what size tires will fit on their existing rims? In other words if your car sports 195/70R14 can that rim hold a super wide 50 sized tire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! If I were in the market for a new bike (I'm not, I'm not!) the LHT would be at the top of my list.


    wheels and tires for sale

    ReplyDelete